Tuesday, August 11

Tossing and Turning

What a hellish night, I tossed and turned for hours not able to find sleep, I've got a week like this, its always that first night thats the hardest, it took me ages to get used to him working away then when he came home i couldnt sleep as i didnt have enough room! lol
No seriously it wasn't an easy one, the kids were all yapping away trying to make as much cover up noise as possible but every noise i heard had me shooting out of bed to check, I couldn't have done anymore yesterday to knacker myself out, i didn't stop all day and night, so i guess today I'm just going to have to come up with something else....... yes a bottle of vodkas coming to mind now..

On the good side last nights riding was amazing, Kevin must have felt sorry for me last week (i was so crap) as he put me on Pip, he was so well behaved i just seem to work with this little horse so well, as much as i still like riding the bigger horses best, i have to face the fact I'm not bloody big enough ! Kevin calls it a pea riding a horse, and as much as i try to get these big guys moving its very hit and miss to whether they will or even indeed if they can feel they even have a rider on them.. he says the latter............

I was a bit nervous as theres a guy who works up there and rides the race horses and Ive been told how good he is so guess who comes to watch our lesson.........lol yep! if theres anything that's guaranteed to make you make cock ups its knowing that he was there standing in the spectators area watching us.. Thankfully Pip bailed me out and cantered beautifully for me all night~ i must remember not to lean when I'm going round corners though, too many days spent leaning for England on the back of a Suzuki 750 i should imagine.......lol

Today Ive rallied round the kids to help sort the back garden out, Brandon was a gem yesterday and worked tirelessly on weeding the front garden, it hasn't been done this year and took us 6 hours, i tend to work in the back garden all the time as that's the place i spend most of my time..

I'm hoping to weed the back , plant the new guys in both and then start work on painting the hall.. Just the kitchen to go then..

Ive got the chance of having a semi private lesson on Wednesday at the stables, and if i get this lot done I'm going to take it up, it will be my push to get this lot done so i can reward myself..

I'm missing my fella as theres no one to steal the duvet or snore at me all night ! but at least im getting loads of work done for a change ! I'll be ready for the pun jokes when he gets back ....
Today is going to be a good one as im on a mission , ill post the photos tonight to put some pressure on myself to get it done, i seem to work better when im being pushed but Steves not here to do that for me this week so ill 'do it myself '..... in more ways than one ! lol

2 comments:

Roses said...

See I have the opposite problem, I can't sleep if there's anyone else there (bigger than the Cat).

I'm so used to my own space, I now worry I'll never be able to put up with anyone else there.

Perhaps I could convince them to move next door?

brown eyed girl said...

Lol... That is such a brilliant idea! Id like that too..
We could just see them when we wanted and send them home when we wanted some time out.
Ive really enjoyed the last couple of days, i do miss steve not being here to talk to but im getting so much done.
My gardens have never looked so lovely and im 3/4 of the way through decortaing the kitchen today! now going to ride for an hour then back to start marblizing my worktops (which will be very messy) so i'll love it of course :)
xxx