Wednesday, August 5

Spinning Around


Oh my word do i hurt this morning, we must be gluten's for punishment...

We met up with our friends Cheryle and Fran last night at Caistor hall to catch up on whats been happening, it was lovely to see all the guys again, there were so many there we knew and used to dance with. But talk about fish out of water, i had to giggle, I couldn't have picked a harder night to go along! I think I'm having one of those testing weeks..hehe

It was Larissa's cross body class and my word was i dizzy by the time i got back into that car...

We don't use spins in Cuban style salsa but occasionally my fella will throw one in as he likes them, but walking into that class last night i was really pushed! Larissa decided it was the night we were all going to learn triple spins !! it was so hard ! started the dance with a triple spin kicking off straight back into a double back ~ 5 spins in a row isn't nice ! i managed it for about 6 guys (you move round every few Min's) but by the time i got to Ken i was feeling pretty queazy so went and got myself a drink (just so i could grab a breather)..lol

I did giggle to Cheryl on the phone and said id be fine as long as it wasn't a routine full of spins! My old cross body instructor was even there ! we did both classes and learnt cha cha cha which i loved but I'm definitely Cubanized, Larissa said id did really well and helped me with my arm work (apparently I'm working twice as hard as i need to be) with the spins but by the end of the night i was getting it...

Tonight we are going to Indulge as i need to pick up our salsa boat tickets from Nad.
Ive already been warned this is the class where all the good ones go ! hehe What the hell, we wanted to push ourselves and get moving again after 3 weeks out, so will go along and enjoy the night, by the time we get to Richard and Sharon's cuban class tomorrow we should be rearing to go....
I do enjoy cross body style as i like the spins but it seems really strange going backwards and forwards only, i kept wanting to walk round the guys last night and stick my hand on every ones shoulders....hehe

Will let you all know how tonight goes, its got a real big following as its like a club scene so will be interesting to see, i may just take that camera along for the ride.....

No comments: