Monday, August 17

Ride like the Wind



I know ive already blogged today but ive come home so happy i just had to tell you all about my evening.. it was amazing! my fella keeps telling me to shut up !

As many of you know me, you would know my dream is to ride up a beach on horseback, its silly to some people but to me its one of those ' has to be done moments' well tonight Claire gave me the best riding experience ive ever had...
There were only 3 of us tonight in the group plus Shona and Claire who work at the stables, so Kevin said we could go out hacking, ive never been hacking with my new group before but the hacks i have experienced have all been walk and trott only, well tonight i got such a surprise!

It was beautiful sunshine, so warm, there wasnt a drop of breeze so she took out into the fields , where i havent been before, as far as you could see was just fields and trees , its breathtakingly beautiful. So she stops us and says right one at a time "GO!"...... "trott, canter do what ever you feel like doing" its about enjoying being alive and my god didnt it feel great !..

Pip was so excited and just went for it, the stretch just went on and on, I have never rode that fast or felt that free in my life, i cant begin to say how it made me feel, I was screaming with happiness inside, the world didnt matter it was just the Pip and me...

When i got to the end Pip neighed loudly to his friends (who were all doing it back!) so we turned back and rode like hell to the other guys waiting.. it was pure magic........

I have always been the kind of girl that loves the woods or anywhere where i can feel that connection to nature and tonight was one of the best nights ive ever had... not simply just because of the riding, but because it gave me so much hope and excitement! Something happened so good that i didnt expect,which can happen through life if we believe it will and are prepared to go for it...

Nothing is impossible although sometimes we think and feel it is, but the best things in life are those things you dont expect ...

Ive had the most magical day all thanks to a field, some sunshine and one beautiful little horse called Pip..

My fellas off again tomorrow but i know where i'll go if i start to feel down... to that little spot in my thoughts that tonight has given me..

Its been an amazing journey today............................


No comments: