Monday, September 3

New beginings


Ive had a really busy day today, thankfully the websites now going across tonight and we are slowly going through bit by bit , behind the scenes, to see what needs attention, i love this part as its been 18 months of non stop slog to get this site right, so today is a huge milestone , its been hard work but im really pleased with whats happening, i cant begin to say what hours we've put in from our end, but today's been a day of nervous energy praying it would go across smoothly and so far so good...i have a few images to sort out but thats a small price.... I cant wait til you guys can see it...

I have loads of lovely new things to load in and I'm sitting here not able to load anything until we know its right tomorrow, i had a lady phone this morning who i really enjoyed talking to and finished up taking an order that i couldn't believe and she found me through the work we've been doing, so it was a huge spirit lifter..

A few months ago i was contemplating quitting this game, its full of cut throat people who make out they are your friends, only to stab you the moment your back was turned, so it did make me wonder if the passion i had was going, but over the last couple of weeks its coming back with a vengeance, I'm really enjoying the new work and not crazed anymore by people that think i want to make up bespoke items for prices i cant buy materials for, let alone sew as well, and the websites restrored my faith that there are a lot of women out there that love the same style as i do, theres styles and materials coming through from Paris Italy and London now that i was making 10 months ago so i know i was made to do this job, but doing something i love, is also part of why i first started making clothes...

Today i did a new version of my slashed top, just to show those who undermine me, i wont quit and as much as they have to follow, i will always be one step ahead...

My skins a little thicker, but i wont change from being me, i still believe there is so much good out there, i was just a bit unlucky in trusting the wrong ones...

the first 27 patterns i ever put into a manufacturer got stolen and i went into the city to see my designs all hanging in shop windows including Jane Norman, and i went home in tears, but 6 years on I'm still somehow managing to keep going and i actually feel today its all been worthwhile....

I'm thankful for those who did stand by me and believed even last year i would hold up and keep going, and optimistic that good things are on their way, the kids are back to school tomorrow and Wednesday and finally i can stop halving myself , so I'm really looking forward to the week...

I was talking to the garden supply men today, (and the diet coke bloke lol) and asked them if they came up with anything on their journey, to help with a backdrop i have in my head, could they think of me, and this afternoon they did......

They turned up with enough flowers plants and planters to fill the place so ive been hosing and arranging them nearly all evening, til Ive finally created something that looks like my secret garden , i will still be out in those woods as that's where i love to be, but on those days when i freeze and drink brandy trying to keep warm, it is gonna be a godsend ...
So today has been unbelievably good........

my fella (who seems to have forgiven me thankfully ...lol) went out and kitted the last bits the kids needed to help out and tonight I'm now gonna grab a bath and bed, i don't want anything to spoil today as its gonna give me those happy thoughts ill need for the next few, when all that works got to be done... lol

but for today at least I'm one very happy and very thankful woman.......

No comments: