Wednesday, August 15

Forbidden Fruits


Its been a really funny day, Ive been scrumping......oops

what started off as a easy fruit picking day, ended up having us girls in stitches laughing..

I took a bag out from the car with what i thought was my wellies in it and decided id go get the kids some fruit so we could do some cooking together... bad idea...

The bag turned out to be stiletto boots, not wellies !

So as id promised them i thought id take my chances, and wear what i had on.. flip flops
I have never got myself into such a pickle, i climbed over OK but my hair got caught in the thistles..lol so i was a wee bit stuck at the top of a 6 foot fence (barbed wire one too) doing a Kate bush impression with Estelle killing herself laughing so badly she couldn't stop to help..lol

I eventually got some hair back and got over ! and she followed, talk about the blind leading the blind...........lol

It was complete madness, but very funny, Ive ruined my flip flops, am covered in scratches and thorns, but i did manage to make the kids laugh as i came home a nice blackberry shade .... it doesn't come off very well does it !!! lol

The nettles were bigger than i am, so i was trying to stand on them as i went forward with Estelle getting whipped behind as i lifted my step.........lol

We've decided we definitely need more clothes on next time, so if anyone has a bee keeping suit i could borrow id be really grateful..lol

The man who owns the land said i was welcome to take whatever i wanted and if i could cut down anything to clear a path he'd appreciate it as hes elderly and cant look after the land anymore... so i said id help all i could and cut the blackberry bushes back..

What i didn't have the heart to say is i would need Tarzan ................lol

So if you see a blonde woman (with short bits) running lose with a machete don't panic...

Its just me pleasantly going fruit picking ...............lol










No comments: