Friday, August 3

Blue Lights


I'm so glad its Friday..................

Its been such a challenging day today.....

It started off with me getting called out of bed early by a lady from up the street, she goes in to cook my neighbour his breakfast as hes poorly, and couldn't get through the door so came after me worried.. she was right to

Bless, David was unconscious behind the door and had fallen badly when he blacked out, so the poor guy was in a real mess, I've been to help him before when its happened but today was the worst Ive seen him, i was trying for over 40 mins to get him to wake up and he couldn't move when he finally did, we covered him with a blanket got him into recovery position, but he was so cold, i was really worried, but the ambulance service was totally brilliant, i really cant say enough good things about them as i saw first hand what these guys have to do...

Davids a large chap and is really heavy but had hurt his head, neck, back and shoulder but they were so careful how they moved him, we ended up with me on all fours behind him trying to support his weight with the 2 guys trying to lift what felt like a dead weight, he has so many conditions, bless, that try to take away his Independence but the guy keeps going , he really is a credit to all people who look at themselves with pity, hes worked all his life in the special services who seemed to have installed survival techniques that us ordinary folks just don't possess...

They've taken him to casualty and are scanning his brain so hopefully well find out what causes the sharp pains in his head and what makes him black out...

Its hitting home to me as i lost someone i loved dearly to a brain tumour, he was never ill and used to always help me when i got my migraines so when he was healthy one day and dead 6 weeks later it really hit me hard, this was a guy i had loved and trusted and it left a huge gaping hole behind... its 2 weeks away from his anniversary so today's events i think made me think more deeply, as no matter what happens day to day, it all makes no difference when its that easy to go ...

My thanks go out to the NHS staff today and all their hard work, without them many of us woudnt be here to blog...

I hope the people today that helped David and so many more like him realise how much we value them and the wonderful jobs they do ...................

So a huge thank you goes out to you guys .................

No comments: