Monday, December 17

Paris in Lights


We got back very late last night,what a drive, i dont know how my fella stays awake, i made a concious effort this time not to doze off so i was better company and somehow i did manage it, but my eyes were shot when we got home, i drove the last 60 miles and that was so hard, i could hardly see the road...........

Paris was simply beautiful, i wasnt looking forward to going, i still haven't done anything this end with gifts and getting ready for xmas, the kids are so excited so i cant let them down..although i did get a tree up Saturday afternoon, so its a start.........

We made good time it took us 8.5 hours to hit the hotel, they are all trimmed up for the festive period in blue/purple lights its wonderful, shooting stars and stunning displays, i actually felt quite festive...

The only downfall was it was so cold, it was -4 there yesterday and so cold i was wrapped up like a duvet and still had the reddest nose ever, It snowed in the afternoon, only lightly but it was snowing..we knew yesterday was going to be a hard one, but the cold made it really hard work, we walked all day til about 1pm then my back went..(i must be getting old) and i couldn't carry anything else to help Steve, and believe me carrying 180 pairs of jeans isn't funny, As it tuned out it was the cold that made it hurt, ive never been that cold that your kidneys hurt..
Paris isnt driving friendly you cant get cars anywhere near places, without having someone smack into the side of you, its the way they park, hit the other 2 cars enough and make your own parking space..lol

So ive decided im selling my car after Xmas and buying an old van, something that's reliable but will feel at home there, i noticed all the vans there are covered in graffiti so it doesn't matter about the paintwork.....

Looking at my car this morning, its gonna be another long day today, my fella cant come in to help as hes got to take Brandon to the hospital today for Mearles syndrome tests so its down to me and stelli to unpack today .... my fella packed the car so much i couldn't get another sock in it, and i know as soon as i open a door theres going to be a giggle watching it rain knitwear....lol

The trip was very successful, i think my best trip yet, and ive finally done whats been asked of me, so im gonna unpack it today and then start on my home tomorrow and get everything done so the kids have a good Christmas.... ive got 4 shopping days and ill have everything ready somehow..........I always do... its what us mums are good at....lol (according to my kids)

One more push for the kids and i can finally get to relax........... now thats something to celebrate in my eyes..lol

2 comments:

Roses said...

Wow, Paris sounds like major hard work. Go you! But it sounds like it was worth it even with the back pain. You poor, frozen love.

warm hugs!

brown eyed girl said...

It was so cold, i must have drank 20 expressos..lol Steve knows his way round Paris like Norwich now thankfully, so it helps...
Its such a busy place but also very beautiful.
If you get time in the new year ill take you along with me for a couple of days..
xxx