Tuesday, January 20

Nights to Remember


The weeks been a good one, Monday it was riding as usual with Kevin and the group..

I wasn't allocated a horse as i usually am. instead i walked into a choice of 3 so went for Jack, hes beautiful to ride and has such a long stride and as im concentrating on transition i thought he'd be a good one to learn on, Pip is beautiful but he will always canter easily, that's not what i want.

Kevin knows that i want to learn right, without needing a whip so i know what im doing is right, its not easy by a long shot but im slowly making good progress, half way through the lesson Kevin got on my horse to show me exactly what to do and it all made sense its just getting enough weight into that saddle, weight which i at the moment which im not carrying much of, so its made it harder..

Every week i go there now i really dont want to leave, im starting the lessons earlier as ive been moved up a group but im getting home later and later...hehe I stand there putting all the blankets on the horses and grooming them ready for bed now, so i get home covered in mud and always tired but feel so happy..


Last night was belly dancing followed by salsa, the belly dancing was a unique night, as our teacher seemed to be in her own little world and was just doing her own thing ! hehe it wasn't an easy one to follow but my god we had some giggles trying, shes so good and makes it look so easy, but it isn't, every muscle is getting used and ask anyone in that class how stiff they feel on Wednesdays....I must be getting some of my flexibility back though as im now able to sit and lay completely flat against straight legs in front of me (which i was really pleased about last night) this morning however im not quite so optimistic, ouch !....lol

Salsa followed with me being in a very happy but mischievous mood, so i did tend to get myself and my partners into trouble all night, Derick and Ken were hilarious and did really make the night so much fun for me, they played along wonderfully and turned every move into something that it wasn't supposed to be.....hehe Adrian told them off and just kept moving me on...........lol I love nights like that, everyone was having such a giggle and enjoying a night of dancing....

When they were doing basic steps for the new guys and warming up, i was practising all the shoulder stuff that sharon taught me, my teaches face was a picture with me shimmeeing around those poor guys, i think he thought i was flirting so kept moving me on to different partner every few minutes.....hehe


I honestly couldnt help myself, i was in such high spirits yesterday, god knows why but for whatever reason i hope today feels as good........

This morning its back to the drs for my weekly checkup, from the neck up, hehe and ive got a day listing all one offs in the site, so its going to be interesting day if nothing else, its a night in tonight as Thursday its my favourite night of the week up the Staithe with Sharon and Richard for Cuban Salsa and Bacharta, I cant wait for this !!

Saturday this week we have a party to go to and sunday night were out dancing again, so its going to be a lively week....

I better ask for some extra iron today then...............lol


Have a great day everyone..................

No comments: