Friday, July 31

Sunshine and showers


Its been quite an eventful couple of days, we've both been working like mad this end, none of us particularly felt very energetic but we've got it done, thankfully.

I have got the paint tins out but sadly that's only as far as ive managed, i keep looking at them so who knows tonight may just be the night..

My fella has a meeting tonight so its the perfect time to get busy, ive been given tamiflu so have to stay indoors until tomorrow, i thought i was really tired last week and was riddled with headaches and aches and pains but just put it down to low iron and a period but the drs think i had swine flue... well that just goes to prove my theory on myself ! i am a bloody swine then.......hehe

Today we had a phone call and the unit that i use to store my machines and endless things we need here but need to make room to bring home, has been broken into.. im praying my sons drum kit isn't one of the things that's missing, it was his Xmas pressie that we struggled to save up for, we moved it into storage for a couple of weeks along with a fair bit of the kids stuff so i could get their bedrooms sorted out, i haven't decorated up there since they were one and it badly needs a coat of paint, I know times are hard but stealing in my books is disgusting.. If you want something then you should bloody work and save for it! I have to and teach my kids to do the same thing so its not going to be nice explaining that what little bits they did have have been stolen...arseholes keeps coming to mind today.. but as my fella said some things can never be taken away eh ! and id rather have my kids and fella than anything materialistic... Sometimes its not so easy though to stay optimistic and i have to kick myself back into reality when my mind goes off wandering into forbidden things called holidays....hehe

My mum phoned last night from Tobago screaming that her fella had been eaten by a shark! not the normal "hello Jo, how are you all call" What on earth do you say to that one? it sure was a long night... Thankfully he was found safe but struggling with cramp after 4 hours treading water by the coastguard. Hes captain of a boat out there and scuba diver instructor, they were out looking for lobsters and something went wrong but it did make me think, what would happen to mum if anything happened to Lem? shes built her life out there around him .. i wouldn't like to think of her out there alone thats for sure, hes a big bloke and known on the island not to mess with, so mums safe with him, im not so sure it would be like that without him standing beside her though.

Anyway its time to cook and pick up that paintbrush, my fella will be arriving back soon with his guests so its time for me to make myself invisible..........

Yes im going to pick up that paintbrush too tonight and get it done !

Tomorrow the suns coming to visit again and im not being stuck in here all weekend again, last weekend was bad enough i didn't see my fella at all, as he was doing the course during the days and working online when he got home, so this weekend im dragging him off the computer and taking some time out together...

Have a great weekend everybody, enjoy the sunshine............

No comments: