Saturday, March 8

Dancing in the rain


Have you ever had experiences through your life when you know no matter how old you get or what happens ,you know that moment will stay with you?
I woke early, the first thing i do is look out of the bedroom window at the sky and smile, there's days when the clouds are looming but there's also days that the weather can heighten experiences and can bring surprises... this morning was definitely a feel good one..

I was choked when they took me off Sorrel (the chestnut horse) i loved riding him and was a bit sick that i could only now sit and watch him , i was moved horses as Sarah said i was progressing well she wanted to see if i could cope and handle shadow (the white horse) it was done for the right reasons and supposed to be a new challenge, but i didn't feel the same when i rode her, shes more powerful totally unpredictable and loves to lead..oops my fella says I was given a horse that's like me.....oops again , i lost some of that feeling i have when i ride and felt sad when i watched Sorrel and his new rider..

Today we pulled up and the whole paddock was full of jumps ! its not a problem for those of you that are used to this, or been riding for years, but to me after just a few months into the class it was a bit nerve racking, my first words when i got out of the car were ... oh shit ! lol

Ive never seen so many jumps in there, i have to lead the class now too and have no sense of direction at all...lol
The girls all laugh Sarah asks if i have my confident knickers on today ..no (not the best day for a G string) they must all be getting to know me pretty well as they just giggle and take no notice of me...

I had the best lesson, every week im learning something new and getting to know Shadow who is definitely free spirited .. she knows she can do these jumps with her eyes closed so decides shes going to lead again... this time i didn't let her, i did so well ...kept her under control, but also gave her enough freedom to work with me, and my god didn't she..........

Every moan Ive had about that horse being too fast I'm taking back, she will make me a better rider, Sorrels easy to ride, but she definitely isnt ! so i was copping out ...lol

We were jumping the whole lesson it was brilliant, the rain started halfway through and i was then on the doubles i had one thing in my head taking those jumps (you're gonna giggle at this)... I honestly couldnt think of a better feeling than that moment, my face was soaked the wind was blowing my hair everywhere yet i felt so good and felt like i was flying.......

It wasn't Sorrel that used to make me feel like that ... it was me.... the girls there are brilliant and support us to the hilt, i got a huge compliment from Nikita when we finished the lesson, she said that not many people can handle shadow properly but i was one who can .................. i sat there on that horse feeling about 13 with my mouth wide open....lol I was actually proud of what id done (it had to be the week my fella didn't come too) lol
Coming home we were giggling about how me and Lauren feel in our time out at the stables together, we go home so excited on a high for the rest of the day and really get taken the mickey out of, but no words can say how it feels or how i felt today, nothing else i have done even touches it (well ok then perhaps one other thing).... lol ....It was exilerating...

I don't want to be put back on the chestnut horse anymore, i want to ride the white horse and feel how i did today... soaked through to the skin by the rain ...but glowing with happiness inside out..
I need to get that G string out more often........lol

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog.
You write from the soul
Brenda xx