Saturday, September 5

Grandfathers Clock


What a strange feeling ive woke up with today, ill try to explain but this one will have you all thinking..

Last night we were going to the Keir Hardy to salsa and meet our friends but my fella and me were engrossed in a conversation up the table so kinda lost track of the time, well thats when it happened. We have a clock hanging in our hall, not just any clock it was steves grandads clock, so very personal to him, inside we have a photo of his grandparents and i often talk to them as i polish it, call me superstitious, yes youd be right, but ive heard so many good stories about them and know how much they inspire my fella so its only right i tell them the day to day things hes doing as i potter about doing my daily chores.. the only thing is the pendulum has never swung, no matter what i do to it it always stops within seconds..me and sadra were trying to make it work again just last week, but failed dismally again, it swung for a few seconds then nothing, its kind of an omen in our house as once before a few years back it just decided to start swinging all by itself... (imagine the xfiles music now)

Well last night we got a phone call, which brought some exciting news, right in the middle of our conversation about the future, my fella was pacing the kitchen like a dog , which made me giggle as we were talking about the exact thing when our friend called, how strange is that?

Anyway he put the phone down told me what the news was and put the phone down happily, his words were I told you that big things are happening, they certainly are..

Just at that moment i said about his grandad and how proud he would be of him and guess what happened? yep!

The grandfather clocked started working, i looked up to see the pendulum swinging away in its full glory...

Some things i do believe are fate, we dont have answers to everything or reasons why..

All i can say is that walking into the oasis that night was meant to be, its brought so much to our lives in such a short space of time, and i think the clock was trying to tell us something...

Perhaps i will get my own horse one day afterall...........................

2 comments:

Carlito86 said...

Wow, I love things like this, so strange!

x

brown eyed girl said...

Hiya!
Yes it certainly was strange, I fins myself looking round the corner to make sure its still swinging..