Thursday, December 11

Winters chills


Its been a while since i posted on here, things have been pretty manic to say the least (nothing new there then !) lol

Ive been struggling with a few health problems which im trying to sort out and then went and got this dreaded man flue thing to top the biscuit.. so its not been the easiest on months, in fact its probably been the hardest ive had this year but im still going..

Ive been packing orders for England and making sure all the customers are looked after well its just myself i havent had much time for and boy is it showing now.. I looked a wreck !

So this week my fella made me an appointment to go see my dr, im glad i went as there are a few things that i needed some help on, i got lectured about taking time out for me and needing a break (which cracks me up as i have no hope there) so with me promising to do as im told, knowing as soon as im out of that surgery things have to carry on regardless.. its part of modern life now and with 4 kids and a business to run i can hardly put my feet up now can i..

yes i could quit work and cook cakes all day but thats not the way ive brought my kids up, ive always installed if they want something then they have to work hard to get it..

Ive managed to make sandra really ill this week, who is the only help i have here, she was trying to ease some of the pressure last week when i was really poorly and write all the addresses in my mailing books but working with me in a small office managed to give her flue so shes now tucked up in bed (hopefully) and getting herself well ready for next weeks onslaught of last minute orders..

Ive had the moany callers who blame me for ruining their parties as i didnt get their dress there on time, even though one lady ordered at midnight they expected it there by 9am the next morning so im taking it with a pinch of salt and managing to get that post out every morning, sometimes twice a day like yesterday.. i wanted it to be busy so im counting down the days til i can have a couple of days off and hopefully find my christmas spirit, it comes in a bottle and will be vodka shaped............hehe

I hurt my arm a few weeks ago moving some stock but kept putting off going for an xray, instead i did a jos version of DIY and have managed to use my other arm a lot more, i did finally get round to getting it looked at this week 4 weeks after first hurting it to find it was fractured ! boy did i get a telling off...lol But i must have done a half decent job as its mending nicely now (it itches like mad) so although its not reccomended i was swamped under with work and kids and grandad and couldnt face another hospital visit.

The good news is grandads doing ok, hes still very weak and thin but the heart surgery gave him new hope, he has a few cysts on his kidneys now that they are dealing with but we are all hopefull that he will get back to strength, i havent been allowed down my nans house now for 3 weeks as i didnt want to take any bugs down there but if hes up to it they have promised to come to mine for xmas dinner, every year we celebrate with them so im extremely grateful that we get to spend another year with him..

My mum flew back to tobago alot happier than she flew here and got to spend some precious time with her parents so although its not been easy we are still here and getting through whatever is being chucked at us all.

Tuesday i started to feel a little better, my fella took me to salsa so we could see some of our friends there and the night was lovely it just didnt stay like that, i got home to my eldest boy then being very sick and its kinda gone downhill from there again..lol

Today i have half my siblings home in bed all calling for mum every 2 mins for a hug paracetamol and water, ive had to so far change 2 beds this morning so no doubt it wont be the last, they have closed my eldest sons school as 40% of the kids are all suffereing from the same thing so whether the other 2 can manage to avoid this nasty bug remains to be seen..

I was looking so forward to salsa tonight but the kids being ill have changed my plans , ill be here and looking after them so my fellas going along and teaching me the moves when he gets back !

All those parties start next week so im determined to get everyone well here so we can celebrate our way and salsa the nights away..

I have a 2 hour gymkana at riding on monday night , which im really looking forward to, so im going to behave myself this week and get myself and everyone else well.......

So if any of you ladies out there see my fella out tonight grab him !! dont give him an easy night make him dance his socks off, i am so gonna miss you all tonight........


No comments: