Sunday, June 28

Party Night then Dressage Event




















Oh my word isn't it hot today!

Ive just got back from the dressage event to say I'm hot is an understatement, i have 3 pairs of socks on ! i got my boots secondhand and had to get a bigger pair ..lol

The morning started out a bit nervously, we decided to go along to the party last night and celebrate our anniversary with everyone there, so my fella was rather worse for wear.. He got me an olive tree as a gift which i thought was rather amusing as i don't really like olives (he does) lol
I didn't drink as i knew what i had to do today, but managed to have a brilliant night, all my sisters were there which was a real giggle, especially as they were all looking rather happy...lol we went late afternoon so started the afternoon thrashing each other at badminton (i haven't played that for years) talk about a giggle, even my fella had a go, but as the night unfolded it was a really good night, we all managed not to fall into Julies pond, although there was a few near misses :) there were people there we hadn't seen in years so it was great to catch up, i wouldn't want to live on that street though, 3 houses all were throwing parties on the same night! one of my sisters was hungry so took it in turns to go eat all the food from the other 2 then come back..lol

Although a didgeridoo isn't the normal thing you find at a party Damien who had lots of fun with it decided to get it out.. lol hes a personal fitness trainer (who shaves his egg rolls for customers to look at while they work out...lol he was telling us all about it too) its true !! hes also a very gorgeous bloke so can get away with it..

I came home giggling my head off and that was just on tea ! but a big thank you goes to Julie this morning for really making it a brilliant party, her gardens like something out of china with little raised levels and hideways pretty lights, it was amazing to see..

My sister had taken down her fences so the guests could all use her garden too, so between us we made the most of the space...

There was one lady there that cracked everyone up all night, talk about drunk, every time she went near the pond we were all on standby, that's the lady in this picture, which says it all really..lol I bet shes got a hangover from hell today..she was so funny and chased Damien about for most of the night..

Anyway back to today..

I was really nervous about not learning what i was supposed to memorize..oops it was a bit nerve wracking as everyone was busy doing their own thing outside in the arenas practising so i just resigned to the fact i was going to put this one down as an experience, i kept looking at the sheet but couldn't get my head round the course, i was thinking about the other stuff on there and what they were looking for, if i messed up the course that's one thing, but at least i could work on the other bits.
We were sent in the arena in two's, after being able to practise outside first, me and the another girl who's been riding for years were next in , she told me she wasn't worried as she knew the course inside out, she was riding Dolly, so i whispered to pip to help me out .. he must have heard me bless..



Thankfully they allowed my teacher to call out the course, which really helped, I'm sure the judges could hear my tummy going over, but it all went well although they didnt warn me there would also be spectators! it was my first attempt at dressage but WONT be my last now (I'm already entered into the next level) so i will make sure i practise, get it memorized and not leave it until the week of the event before i join, its all good acting spontaneously sometimes but NOT for dressage events (that was a nuts thing to do) the amazing news is i got scored higher marks than the other more experienced rider i was in with (which she didn't look very pleased about), but i did mess up on one of the circles (it was more egg shaped !) we were told they were marking low today but anything up from a 5 upwards from these ladies was good.. I got all 5s and 6s except on my egg impression where i got a 3...lol
I'm really pleased i had a go, even though Ive been worrying about it, now Ive done it once ill drop the nerves next time and up the practise.



Lauren came to watch so all the photos are thanks to her bless, i would have given Pip a mint when we finished but as i asked Lauren to hold them for me, there wasn't any left .. she ate the lot ! so ill take a few extra tomorrow.... at my jumping lesson......

Its been a really good weekend, I'm knackered, my house looks like a bombs hit it and I'm now going to start on my mum duties..
Ive had a couple of hours out today to be Jo...now i need to get this lot on track and ready for the new week !
I dont need to look at that on paper, though, i have memorized that lot through experience....hehe








No comments: