Wednesday, March 5

Changing Seasons


Is it March already? Where has the time gone... I have got life coming back into the garden at last..

Things at the madhouse are still as mad as ever, but I wouldn't have it any other way.
I lost one of my dogs 3 weeks ago, which was heart-breaking. He wasn't the ill one who has diabetes but the one who's always happy Dexter. He had a tumour on his pancreas and over the course of the week became very ill. My fella and me took him to the vets but within hours of the tests starting they told us just how ill he really was. He wouldn't recover from the tumour so the vet asked us to put him to sleep. My fella couldn't do it, so I went in and stayed with him, he's been with me for 10 years so saying goodbye was painful. His sister (my other dog) pined at nights but is adjusting to life on her own now. She's a complete pain in the backside with food so I have to cook her food everyday.. no dogfood for my little diva, fish, chicken and steak mince if you please...lol The vet thinks its amusing as they couldn't get her to eat normally either and as she has to eat before I inject her, so she knows if she doesn't eat it, muggings here will just cook her something else! But she's still with us, so I must be doing something right. I cannot even explain the feeling I have when I take my blind dog out for walks, people look at me like im mad but she knows where she is alright and enjoys it just as much! I literally have to steer for her, but she's very happy and still manages to run like hell round the woods... I've learnt not to get into a deep conversation with my daughter when we walk her together though, Frankie walked into 3 trees last night as Lauren was too busy looking at the birds! That dog must have a tough head or one hell of a headache today...

I've now adopted another young lady here Samantha! One of the triplets Brandon has met a girl at college, who is beautiful.. I couldn't stop staring at her the first time he brought her round for tea, she's very intelligent and has been brought up with all the manners and values a young lady should have, she's also nearly as tall as him which of course means, she's also taller than me! she's now a regular for meals 3 nights a week on top of Ryan's girlfriend Kaytee.. The house is growing fast!

This week has brought us quite a few sleepless nights, we made the mistake of buying a full memory foam mattress a month ago which my fella hates! he cant lie on his side without falling out of bed, (which I found highly amusing) and we have both suffered from backache, so yesterday we had to go out and get a a new one.. I must say a good nights sleep was had by all... I was getting used to  waking up and needing at least 10 mins to stand up straight. Im glad we changed it now as I feel like I've actually been to sleep today :)
So many things are happening here at the moment, we don't know if we are coming, going or just been.... but we are going with the flow and seeing what happens next. One things for sure, its never boring! And I do greatly appreciate my fella when he cooks on Saturdays, as this place seems to have doubled its occupancy now! Its apparently the 'Inn Place' to be and the foods great! (just ask the dog!)

2 comments:

cogidubnus said...

Hi Jo

Always a heartbreak when a pet has to be put down...we're cat/dog people in a big way...currently nine cats and a dog (but it's been up to three dogs in the past and as few as five cats).

Either me or Coryn will always stay with the animal, stroking/comforting it, whilst it makes it's final journey...we both feel it's the very least we owe for the pleasure they've given us...

Know what you mean by adopting kids too...although as most of our own are girls it's generally the boyfriend's we've given space to...often on a residential basis...oh and one of our grandaughters too when she falls out with her mum!

One of our younger girls though is a true original and doesn't have boyfriends or girlfriends per se - just friends - and her best friend just happens to be a boy - a lad we've known since he was a toddler - he was living with us for a couple of years - nice young fellow who'll go far...it's been very much an open house here over the years, and very nice too, but I can't deny that with old age upon us (I'm 60 and the missus is 65) it's nice in a selfish way to reclaim our territory!

Bedding...oh god, we slept in the old family brass bedstead on a feather mattress for years...you had to shake it out every day before making the bed...it wasn't until we "inherited" an almost new bed with interior sprung mattress that we realised our insomnia/backaches and odd respiratory ailments had a tangible cause! Good luck with your new mattress!

All the best

Dave

brown eyed girl said...

The other dog is settling in a lot better now thankfully. She makes me run round the woods for an hour so is now sleeping much better.
As for the hubby! he loves the new mattress but is now complaining that I take up 3/4 of the bed.. I apparently sleep like a star fish..lol