Tuesday, December 31

Welcoming in 2014 A New Year

I've been having a giggle looking through Facebook today, at all the parties and goodwill messages sent! Is it me, or is anyone else sick of festivities? I have cooked for just about everyone this Christmas, had far too many late nights and early starts (I have to get up at 6am regardless to inject my dog) so this morning after a 3am bedtime, I got up at 6 reluctantly, fed and injected the dog and went back to bed... Rarely done, but something I needed this morning. I am well and truly knackered!
We spent a lovely Christmas entertaining family and friends, but today im finding myself saying 'No Thanks' to any invites coming.. I just want a quiet night in like a hermit, with a 2 hour bath to sort myself out, as I've had no time, and no visitors! So am cooking something completely un-turkey based and making a Spanish omelette..lol
My sons g/friend has become a second daughter so I've shipped them out round a mates for the night, rather than having the mates here.. simply bliss. The other kids spend half their time in their rooms anyway so the night looks promising and quiet.
This year has I feel been the most hardest yet! My fellas broke his hand, theres been endless challenges and changes and to top off the lot my little sisters hubby has been in a coma for 5 weeks fighting for his life.  The strain of worrying about everyone has grown so deep. I spent Xmas praying Jason would come out of his coma 'whole' as the Dr's felt he could be paralysed or brain damaged, that prayer was answered. He's awake and now off the ventilator, although we still don't know what caused him to have a 3 week seizure? she was in pieces and the worry and stress was spread throughout the sisters. They have certainly had an emotional start to their relationship! she nearly died, then he did. But its cemented the fact these guys really do want to be together.. My hopes are not for me or resolutions filled with things I want to do, but my sister and her little family, that this year things are better and easier for them... I know we can deal with most things here, as we have got pretty good at climbing mountains and braving storms. I would just love for her, not to have to go through any more grief...
My fella is starting 2014 with a very sexy beard and 2 stone lighter than he was in the summer. So we are going back to dancing again this year. I miss my music and it will be nice to meet up with our friends again. Its our 21st year together and I love the man more than ever. So its time we had a flirt with each other on the dance floor and went back to salsa.
He really has the naughtiest eyes when dancing and im looking forward to seeing, just how wide I can open them..lol
As for what 2014 brings? I will turn each page over, day by day and see what stories it holds..
Im healthy, happy and loved and that's the best gift I could ever wish for....

Happy New year to everyone! I hope 2014 brings you all Health, Love and Happiness.

4 comments:

cogidubnus said...

You're a cracker...you always have been a cracker (even before I knew what you looked like) and always will be a cracker (even since I learned a few years back you had a fella and were so devoted to him)...I'm an old man happily married myself but I'm still quite happily half in love with you...and show this to your man if you like!

Just never ever underestimate yourself or what you're capable of...it's probably wrong of me but the success of your children alone is indicative you're doing a great deal right...the fact you've a man like yours around for so long also reinforces that view...let's be honest , guys don't tend to hang around long when things go badly wrong unless they really love you...

Just don't let up Jo...carry on being yourself, don't take anything in your relationship for granted, and I'm pretty sure most things in life will come to you and your fella...in my experience it only really goes bad if you take each other for granted...

Happy new year and many more to come

lots of love to both of you

Dave

brown eyed girl said...

Dave -
You are such a lovely man, you really are, you made me smile like hell today.. Your wife is a very lucky woman indeed.
I do try and carry on being myself, but sometimes its not so easy, life has a way of bringing you down at times and if anything runs even remotely smooth here I start to worry why.
I've vowed to myself that this year I will try and get out more. I love gardening, cooking & reading, but miss an odd night out dancing and letting my hair down.
Christmas is always for everyone else here (mainly the kids and my great grandparents & mum) so im always glad to see the new year arrive, it gives me hope that it will be easier than the previous one.
I did show him (it will keep him on his toes ;) and he said 2 camels would be fine! He did point out that It would have been 3 years ago, but as im getting older now I've been reduced on the sale rail....
Thank you for making my day start with a smile xx

cogidubnus said...

So sad I haven't any camels...around here it's always my missus who's got the hump anyway!

All the best

Dave

brown eyed girl said...

I laughed out loud at that comment Dave..
I used to get the 'hump' now I just get the washing up......lol