Tuesday, October 29

Power Cut - They Will be Blown Away


The weekend went far too quickly! My fella had to leave Sunday night due to the storm, so it didn't feel like id seen him this week. We were both knackered Friday from the week and by the time shopping and house stuff was done on Saturday it was gone..
I'm not keen on sitting on my laptop at night as I like spending time with my tribe here, but Skype allows me to talk to Steve and catch up with the days events, its exciting stuff his end and I can tell he's really enjoying this challenge. The mans never happy unless he's full pelt at something, I honestly don't know anyone who has so much passion and drive, its relentless! I still have to wake him up every morning though, some things never change...
Last nights call didn't come, so I decided to watch a movie with the kids, Barry's been brilliant and gets me all the best movies to watch, he knows once Steve's home at weekends I don't get the remote, its a mans thing apparently. I waited until 10 then decided to have a bath, sending a couple of snidey messages before I went :) like " Enjoy your pints etc. as im going to bed now" you get the meaning,  when Ryan gets a text from him panicking as he's gone back to the digs to a power cut and no water! they got the worst of the storm, hence the no Skype call! Talk about dropping yourself in the cart Jo.. His words made me laugh (wicked aren't I) " Please tell mum im sitting in the middle of a bloody field of sheep freezing cold,trying to get enough signal to send this. I'm cold, theres no power, no water and It feels like I may as well be living on mars!"
I cant take back the messages of course which he will get once the powers comes on but he knows what im like by now, and I know what he's usually like - hence the messages I left in the 1st place!.

Today im moving all my stock across. I was hoping the triple trio would get up and help but there's no sign of movement up there yet, it must be time for mums singing in the bath! I have a new way of getting them up by simply singing a power ballad all in the same note!! its bloody awful and hard to do but it usually results in Lauren shouting insults and the boys coming downstairs to avoid it. Perhaps ill sing a Whitesnake track today as im feeling energetic ;)

3 comments:

cogidubnus said...

Hi Jo

I used to have energy like your feller's...well I tell myself that...but it must be antiquity (celebrated my 60th at the end of September), angina and inertia!

Still plugging away (all too hard sometimes) at work but I'm now recognising there are finite limits...and realising, probably a bit late, how important it is to MAKE time for leisure before it's forced upon you!

Good for you with the little garden...although there's the upkeep, pottering is probably good for the soul...alas although I like sitting in the garden as much as anybody, I abhor gardening, (fortunately my wife loves it) so my own pottering is taking the form of some long-neglected research...whatever - it's an interest away from work and the humdrum of life!

So take the advice of a soon-to-be codger and make sure you keep making time for leisure!

All the best

Dave

brown eyed girl said...

Hi Dave,
It looks like my fella now going to have at least 6 weeks off work!
He fell down a flight of stairs at the bed & breakfast last night (sat) and has broke 2 bones in his hand. He's heading back to Norwich today but may have to have it operated on as they need to put in pins. The stairs were really slippery so he's lucky it was just his hand.

cogidubnus said...

Goodness you do have some bad luck don't you - as if there hadn't been enough shocks and surprises the last couple of years!

Last time I had a fall like that I was going to put the ducks away for the night and went base over apex on an icy step...bust three ribs and god did they hurt,,,can't imagine what it'd be like to do a hand in...

Give him all the best from me (should puzzle him if nothing else!) and tell him us that as us old codgers have to stick together, I'll be drinking his health tonight! (I needed an excuse?)

All the best

Dave