Monday, October 21

Changing of the Seasons

Things have changed here, yet again! Its all good, but taking some getting used to.
My fella got offered a proper job! yes, honestly. This is a position he's wanted to have a go at since he was in the industrial game. He's now a contracts manager! and i'm back to where I was 10 years ago and running this place single handed again..lol I actually feel energised! Its all a bit different to computer work for him but he's loving the challenge. Computer work is all ok but what they don't tell you is you get stuck sitting on your arse all day and it drains the life out of you. He wanted a new challenge and to get fit again, so to work higher up the chain in an environment he knows like the back of his hand was too good to turn down. He just met someone who needed someone like him at the right time and place and its all gone from there.
The kids are older (still mad as hatters) but lovely and with Ryan now in a full time electrical apprentice placement, its all working out well for him.
We have decided to change sleeping arrangements now (as he has a steady girlfriend) so instead of him staying out every weekend at hers, we are creating enough space for her to stay here. It doesn't seem right he's 18 now, but with the triplets nearly 16 now i'm wise enough to know Kaytee wont get any peace with Brandon hovering around, so i'm changing rooms and moving Ryan into my old stock room so he has some privacy, the boys then get their own bedrooms so it will cut out the arguments at bedtimes hopefully too and stop my pictures from falling off the walls when Callum kicks his bed!
My fellas working away at the moment Mon-Fri. So i'm trying to catch up on all the little jobs i've neglected here. There's a list as long as my arm to get through and i've ended up on Skype all morning talking to my uncle (giving him a shopping list for Asda) so I need to get on with it.
Im on a mission this week to move all my stock over to another place, so at least it will help get me fit. I've just got to move out my fellas winery first and put that in his new shed.
I've been engrossed in books this month. I started by reading a book called 'Outlander' by Diana Gabaldon and im hooked.. 6 books in and i'm loving the characters. I now wish I lived in the 1740s and there was such a thing as travelling stones! Places like Stonehenge that magically transported you back into times where there was no internet and oversold crap, where they lived with the land and not just took from it like society does now.
Did I mention my daughter wants to be a farmer! yes really, I wonder where she gets that from....lol
Anyway onwards and upwards today.. I've been up since 3am (making hubbies packed lunch and breakfast) so I better get up before I doze off.. Kids will be home soon!

No comments: